Saturday, October 4, 2014

VZW, HTC One M8, and the calendar caper!

I finally got the Emergency Power Saving option on my HTC One M8 thanks to VZW update!

Unfortunately, it borked my calendar apps. The no longer sync with Google calendar and when they do, it only syncs about half of my scheduled events.
Now I understand some things are solved easily by rebooting the phone but what I have done so far has yielded little to no results.
Let's see how this breaks down shall we?

  1. Reboot phone
  2. Try different gmail address with multiple events on one day
  3. Try HTC calendar app already on phone
  4. Try Google calendar app already on phone
  5. Try Google calendar app in Play store
  6. Try 3rd party calendar app
  7. Clear cache
  8. Clear cache via bootloader
  9. Remove gmail account associated with calendar
  10. Re-add gmail account associated with calendar
  11. FACTORY DATA RESET!!!!
After going through all of this, nothing has worked and, the calendar is still incorrect when it comes to my events. I have been advised by VZW to get a CLNR(Certified Like New Refurbished) unit but I said "You couldn't pay me to take one."
My next option is to get a new phone under VZW's EDGE program, but I'm unsure on what to go for.
I'm leaning toward a Note 4 but I like the Moto X, and the LG G3.

NO decision has been made yet but one will be made soon....

1 comment:

  1. PokerStars Launches in PA - JTAHub
    PokerStars 여주 출장마사지 Pennsylvania offers a full, legal online 진주 출장안마 poker room in Pennsylvania. The site 고양 출장안마 offers over 150 live poker games and is 충청북도 출장마사지 open daily 24 hours. 이천 출장샵

    ReplyDelete